DriverLINX for Keithley CTM Series
The following Quick Fix Patches and Service Packs only apply to
Keithley part number SF-040A01 (driver version 4.01)
Quick Fix Patches*
CTM-850A01.0.0.2, Released 12/18/00
- Upper 32 bits of the count for COUNT64 mode inaccessible from the ActiveX control. Added .Res_Tim_countHi property.
- Constant for OEM gain flag missing from ActiveX API (required to indicate the KPCI3100's dedicated Analog Trigger input). Added DL_CHAN_OEM_FLAG to ActiveX control.
- LDD for device numbered > 5 cannot be accessed with ActiveX control.
- All of the issues in CTM-850A01.0.0.1
- added Windows 2000 support
- enabled processes logged in under different Windows NT account to concurrently have the same driver open
- internal optimizations to reduce task startup overhead for polled single value or scan tasks
- corrects a problem with DLWin32.dll causing installer to crash or fail to register components under NT SP 4 and above
- corrected device registration to work on systems without a preexisting HKLM\Hardware\DeviceMap key
- fixes bus enumeration problems when the card is not on the primary PCI bus.
- STOP operation now returns valid IO Status to indicate the last buffer position
- CloseDriverLINX no longer stops running DriverLINX tasks that use a different HINSTANCE of the same driver as the CloseDriverLINX
- SelectDriverLINX(0) now returns currently selected driver HINSTANCE
- changes to the meaning of "currently selected HINSTANCE" with regard to multi-threading
- after a CloseDriverLINX call, no other driver instance is current until the application calls either SelectDriverLINX or OpenDriverLINX
- Windows 9X: Fixed rare crash in APC handler when buffer completion events occur after
a data loss; causes the application to crash.
* Quick Fix Patches are cumulative product updates released since the last Service Pack or CD Release. Quick Fix Patches only repair the Corrected Issues and are not regression tested for full product functionality. Keithley does not recommend installing Quick Fix Patches unless you are experiencing one or more of the Corrected Issues.
Service Packs are cumulative product updates that incorporate all prior Quick Fix Patches and Service Packs. Service Packs are regression tested for full product functionality. Keithley recommends installing the latest Service Pack before contacting Technical Support if you are experiencing any product problems.