Last Updated: Feb 2016
Product: DPOJET Jitter, Noise and Eye Diagram Analysis Software
Version: v7.1.3 (C/D/DX Series) & 7.2.3(only Sx Series)
Win 7 64 bit
Contents of this Readme File:
1. System Requirements
2. Contents of Distribution
3. What's new in the latest release ?
4. Release Notes for the latest release
5. Older Release Notes
6. Existing - Known Problems and Limitations
7. Contact Information
1. System Requirements
- The oscilloscope firmware version required for this release is:
Model Number Firmware
MSO/DPO5000/B scopes v7.6.0 & Above
DSA/DPO70000D/DX scopes v7.6.0 & Above
For other DPO/MSO/DSA scopes v7.6.0 & Above
For SX scopes v10.x & Above
- This application software uses The MATLAB Component Runtime, V8.0 (Release 2012b)
on Windows 7(64 bit) from The MathWorks Inc.
- 2 GB of free disk space to install this application.
- It may be necessary to configure file/folder properties to allow users
privileges to create and modify files. Consult the appropriate Microsoft
documentation for details.The following folders and their contents may need to
2. Contents of Distribution
- Tektronix DPOJET latest version and its related applications
- MATLAB Component Runtime, V8.0 (Release 2012b)
- Intel IPP (Integrated Performance Primitives) library re-distributable v7.X
- Application files located in C:\Users\public\Tektronix\TekApplications\DPOJET
* Example code showing use of the programmable (GPIB) interface
* Example waveform files for use with the embedded tutorial
* Mask files to support many industry standards
* Pattern files for several common data patterns
3. What's new in the latest release ?
Enhancements & Defect Fixes:
For Custom CDR measurement , Reports shows incomplete results
TekScope crashes when we try to generate report for Mask Hit Measurement
Provide PI commands to switch between 'Percentage' and 'Absolute' reference levels.
CC-Period meas not running when we enable measurement range limits
Clock recovery is going wrong for some waveforms
Exported CSV data from the DDRA tool should contain same details as the HTML report that is generated by DDRA
Unit is missing in Ac-Overshoot measurement value
DPOJET is not supporting "V-ns" units
DPOJET hangs in sequencer (pattern check)
The reports show 'Error' whenever limits (dynamic limits) are missing in a limits file
When jitter analysis fails, TJ, RJ, DJ are reported as "0 ps"
Support for F/N measurement in ADK
Provide PI commands to query the High Limit and Low Limit values.
Math error in calculating Slew Rate measurement for tangential method
In source configuration window absolute High/Low edit boxes are not editable.
Rise Slew rate measurement does not log info when we run it with Range limits ON
Empty source label in DPOJET OCW after Autoset
4. Release Notes for the latest release:
- Do not use 'AutoShape MaskHits' custom measurement name on MaskHits measurement.
- In Composite Jitter Histogram plot, the RJ+NPJ histogram values and RJ Trend are analytical values when Rj is locked.
- All newer plots will support only color mode in Reports.
- DPOJET initializes with the ‘Jitter Only’ analysis method selected. The ‘Jitter + Noise’ analysis method may be
selected from the DPOJET Preferences menu.
- If the DJAN option is not enabled, the 'Jitter + Noise' analysis method may still be selected. This causes
analysis to be performed using the full Jitter + Noise model, even though noise measurements are not available
to the user. This may be desirable in order to compare/correlate jitter results with peers using a scope with
the DJAN option.
- If the Jitter Decomposition Analysis Method is changed to Jitter+Noise, applications that use DPOJET as a processing
engine may give different results. Applications are qualified using the Jitter Only method.
- A maximum of 8M unit intervals may be analyzed per waveform. Additional UIs are ignored.
- When the Arbitrary Pattern method is used, the maximum window length is 24 for the Jitter-only analysis method,
and 17 for the Jitter + Noise method.
- The current release assumes the statistics of crosstalk are uniform across the horizontal dimension of the eye.
The accuracy of BER contours and related measurements may be reduced if cyclostationary uncorrelated noise is substantial.
- Ringback: Sometimes an eye diagram can partially close in the middle due to noise, resulting in two open eyes.
In this case, the wider of the two openings should be reported. DPOJET is currently reporting from the left
edge of the left eye to the right edge of the right eye.
- With Explicit Clock whenever the TIE on the Right and Left Side of Eye are not Symmetric,
the Eye Width result do not correlate with the Eye Width plot. This issue has been fixed.
- OPTION LEVELS of DPOJET
DPOJET is available in three versions, known as DPOJET Essentials, DPOJET Advanced (DJA) and the latest one Noise Analysis Tools(DJAN).
All the 3 versions are installed by default; a software security key determines which version is run.
- FLOATING LICENSE
Click the Install button next to Floating License during installation. For more
details please refer to TekScope OLH.
- FREE TRIALS
Free trials in the form of Floating trial license is supported.
Earlier form of Free trials is no longer supported.
- Incompatible DPOJET plugins will no longer throw a pop-up during TekScope launch and instead it will say incompatible in the About DPOJET.
5. Older Release Notes
- This software applies to:
MSO5034, MSO5054, MSO5104, MSO5204, DPO5034, DPO5054, DPO5104, DPO5204,
MSO5034B, MSO5054B, MSO5104B, MSO5204B, DPO5034B, DPO5054B, DPO5104B, DPO5204B,
MSO71254C, MSO71604C, MSO72004C, MSO70804C,
MSO70404C, MSO70604C, MSO70404C, MSO70604C, MSO70804C, DPO71254C, DPO71604C, DPO72004C, DSA71254C, DSA71604C,
DSA72004C, DSA70804C, DPO70804C, DPO7254C, DPO7354C, DPO70404C, DPO70604C, DPO7054C, DPO7104C, DPO70404C,
DPO70604C, DPO70804C, DSA70404C, DSA70604C, DSA70404C, DSA70604C, DSA70804C, DPO72504D, DPO73304D, DSA72504D,
DSA73304D, DPO72304DX, DPO72504DX, DPO73304DX, MSO72304DX, MSO72504DX, MSO73304DX
- SOFTWARE COMPONENTS
DPOJET is powered by MATLAB Software. MATLAB is a registered trademark of
The MathWorks, Inc. Tektronix' limited rights to the deployment of MATLAB
are governed by a license agreement which can be found in the following
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v80
- SWITCHING BETWEEN APPLICATIONS
* It is possible to switch between DPOJET and some other applications while
retaining measurement setup and results. However, DPOJET's sequencer must
be idle (not in the process of making measurements) before switching.
Switching while measurements are running may cause the system to stop
responding. Likewise, any other application's sequencer must be idle before
switching back to DPOJET.
* Switching between DPOJET and DPOPWR requires that the oscilloscope
application (TekScope) be restarted. You will be offered a chance to
cancel such an operation. The two applications cannot run concurrently.
- HARD DISK SPACE AND FRAGMENTATION
* The required memory space for double-precision advanced measurement
results and intermediate results representing up to 99 measurements, for
long-record length waveforms, far exceeds the addressable physical RAM
. For this reason, results are cached as necessary to hard disk.
* The binary files used to store results are located at "
"C:\ProgramData\Tektronix\TekScope\wfmObj on 64 bit scope
Some of the required objects are allocated when the TekScope application
is launched. Remaining objects are only allocated when needed. This
saves disk space since many users will never approach 99 measurements.
Once instantiated, the file objects are never deleted, so they reserve
disk space for future measurement instantiation.
* Substantial hard disk space is required for the wfmObj directory, with
some dependence on the number and type of measurements simultaneously
used. In the worst case, this can exceed 30 GB in addition to the 6 GB
allocated to store scope waveforms (channels, math’s and reference wfms).
If the hard disk becomes too full before these objects are allocated for
the first time, the application could be prevented from creating them.
Fragmentation of the disk can also aggravate efficient memory allocation.
Periodic de-fragmentation of your hard drive can help avoid problems.
- PLOT LENGTH LIMITATIONS
* For any waveform with greater than 20 million samples, only the first 20
million samples are used for associated eye diagrams and waveform plots.
* A maximum of 10 million time trend points may be plotted. These may be in
a single time trend plot or distributed across multiple plots. A partial
plot may result when the 10 million allocation is reached. Data array
plots draw from the same allocation of 10 million points.
* Frequency-domain plots (Spectrum, Transfer Function and Phase Noise) are
based on an FFT of, at most, 4 million points.
* Eye diagrams are limited to 500 points of horizontal resolution, and the
horizontal scale normally adjusts automatically to provide about two
unit intervals across the diagram. If the horizontal time scale is manually
set to less than 1/500th of a unit interval, then the eye diagram will be
unable to display a full unit interval.
6. Existing - Known Problems and Limitations
- Name of "Height @ BER" measurement is changed to "Height @BER", old setup file
containing this measurement will not be recalled. User need to update setup file.
- Please make sure while saving the report, do not give any space in the file name/path. This can cause
unusual characters to appear in the report, for the unicode used in the some measurements.
- Follow the steps in Online Help->References-> Using digital channels, to configure the digital bus setup, CAS Min
and Max. These values are important to get the correct Marks for READ and WRITE bursts and the
post processing (DDRA) measurements depends on it. This will help you to configure CAS Min and Max
- Sometimes the zoom feature for min and max statistics may not work.
- When using the Report Append feature, make sure the hard disk has enough space.
Otherwise you cannot use the Report feature.
- When you get an error message as 'Internal measurement error. Please
remove a measurement and try again.’ The possible reason is
the application was not be able to process the configured measurements
due to the high memory usage. You need to exit the TekScope and re-launch
it to make it working.
- In certain cases of PCIe analysis the Mask is incorrectly placed relative to
the eye diagram, resulting in an obviously pessimistic result. A work around
based on the use of oscilloscope channel deskew is available; please contact
your Tektronix representative for details.
- If Tekscope firmware releases earlier than that listed in Section 1 are
reinstalled it may become necessary to reinstall DPOJET or the reinstallation
could result in a loss of DPOJET functionality.
- When using the query :DPOJET:MEAS:NAME? over the programmable interface,
some commands return names containing non-ASCII characters that may affect
readability (both human and machine). It is recommended that the query
:DPOJET:Meas:TYPE? be used instead if this is a problem.
- It is normally possible to concatenate GPIB commands sent on the programmable
interface, for example ":DPOJET:ADDMEAS TIE; DPOJET:NUMMeas?". However,
some commands don't operate sequentially when sent in this fashion;
particularly when a file recall is followed by a query. It is recommended
that care be taken if more than one command / query is sent per line.
- When performing channel deskew from within DPOJET, both selected sources
must be turned on manually prior to running the deskew.
- When performing a measurement on a math waveform that relies on another math
expression rather than a live source (for example, Period(MATH1) where
MATH1 = arbFilt(MATH2) and MATH2 = CH1 - CH3), the reference level autoset
code will fail to recognize that an acquisition must be triggered. Try to
avoid math-on-math expressions. For the above example, use Period(MATH1)
where MATH1 = arbFilt(CH1 - CH3).
- If the scope is driven far into interpolated time (< 1ps/sample) and an eye
diagram is created, the eye's horizontal scale becomes corrupted if more
than one acquisition is accumulated. (This is a corner case since such a
horizontal setting wastes record length and offers no benefits.)
- On some machines the DPOJET mht reports may give a security warning when
attempting to load from disk. This is because of mht report is using the recent
versions of MIME OLE and it cannot run active content.
- De-Emphasis measurement may not give the results,if a wrong clock
recovery technique is used.
- On receiving a Stop request, DPOJET will complete the measurement processing
and then come to a stop. If the selected measurements are computationally
intensive, the animated icon and red button in the DPOJET user interface may
return to the stopped state before processing is actually complete. In these
cases, the programmable interface (e.g. via “DPOJET:STATE?”) will also
incorrectly report that DPOJET is finished. If DPOJET is stopped using the
scope’s front-panel “Run/Stop” button, the animated icon and DPOJET sequencer
button will properly reflect when processing is complete. Likewise, if the
scope’s remote stop command (“ACQUIRE:STATE 0”) is used to stop DPOJET, then
DPOJET’s remote state query (“DPOJET:STATE?”) will properly reflect when its
processing is complete.
- Mask hits are shown only for the first eye diagram plot if 4 plots are configured.
- When High Performance Eye Rendering is enabled (default), Mask hits are counted only for the bits rendered
into the eye, typically 8000 or less. To count ALL mask hits in the waveform, turn off High Performance Eye
- The application might hang, if there is any user interaction with the Scope graticule when
DPOJET vertical autoset is in process.
- Spectrum plot may not yield correct results when multiple qualifier zones are present.
- Zoom and Cursor gating is not supported for Bus Measurements.
- While running the PCE3 measurements in FREE Run mode, it is recommended to remove
the Q-Bathtub and Q-PulseWidth plots and run. Some exceptions might be reported
if the plots are displayed.
- 30 GB or more of free disk space for file-backed data objects created
when performing up to 99 measurements on long-record length waveforms.
- While adding measurements or sequencing, if there is not enough disk space available, the following
warning message is shown
On 64-bit scopes:
"Low Disk Space.Please close Tekscope and run the DiskFree utility located at
The user is advised to close the application and run the DiskFree utility available
at the location specified in the message above.
- Export to Ref waveforms takes long time for record length > 100M. Sometimes this
may lead to application hang.
- Global configuration population limit for Period measurement has minimum value 1
and maximum value 2.1475G, during GPIB programming please do not set population
limit higher than 2.1475G as this would result in overflow and value will be
set to 1.
- When RJ/DJ processing is manually configured to the Repeating Pattern method, the
results panel’s Pattern Length field will display the user-specified length rather
than the detected length.
- When RJ/DJ processing is manually configured to the Arbitrary Pattern method, the
results panel’s Pattern Length field will display a length that may not be related
to the current waveform.
- The bathtub plot is sometimes offset horizontally or appears blank.
- If all measurements have Math only sources, during multiple "Single" sequencing,
spurious error message "Not enough edges for Clock Recovery in current sequencing cycle"
is logged with red X icon on results panel window but it does not affect any measurement accuracy.
- Bit Rate and pattern length is not computed for measurements that do not require CDR.
When only such measurements are selected, in some measurement combinations, bit rate is reported as "0.00 b/s".
- When visual trigger is turned ON, source autoset (Vertical / Horizontal autoset) hang is observed some times.
To overcome this, please turn OFF visual trigger before source autoset and turn it ON later.
- In Serial Data Wizard, Source Autoset is ignored on only Math sources.
- Record Length support details:
The DPOJET can support maximum RL supported by scope model however the DPOJET processing is
determined by number UIs in the acquired waveform. More details are as follows.
- When the number of measurements added in DPOJET are <= 5, then
DPOJET supports processing of 37.5M UIs in each acquisition.
- When the number of measurements added in DPOJET are > 5, then
DPOJET supports processing of 10M UIs in each acquisition.
Plots computation always processes up to 10M RL/UIs in each acquisition.
7. Contact Information
MyTek - One way to receive timely information on new software updates,
new products from Tektronix and other useful information is to join MyTek.
Visit www.tektronix.com/mytek to become a member.
Product Support - For application-oriented questions about a Tektronix
measurement product, in North America call 1-800-833-9200 option 3,
Monday-Friday, 6:00AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time or contact us by email at
For service support call 1-800-833-9200 option 2, Monday-Friday,
5:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Time or contact us by email at
Outside of North America: please contact your local Tektronix Sales or
Distributor office. Refer to our web site at www.tektronix.com for
listings of those offices.
For all other information call 1-800-833-9200, visit our web site at
www.tektronix.com, or write to us at:
P.O. Box 500
Beaverton, OR 97077
---End of File---