INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for TLA iView Update V6.1.137
Feb 16, 2016
This update is intended for installation only on the following:
* TLA5000, TLA6000, or TLA7000 series Logic Analyzers with TLA Application Software 6.1.127 or later. NI-488.2 software IS NO LONGER REQUIRED.
* A PC running Windows XP Professional or Windows 7, with the above software.
Use of this iView update with earlier versions of TLA software may function satisfactorily with some oscilloscopes, however this is not guaranteed.
1. Download the installation file to a drive or folder you can access from your TLA or the PC on which you have installed the TLA Application.
2. On the target TLA or PC, launch the downloaded .msi file to bring up the installation wizard.
3. If your security software asks whether to allow a program from Tektronix, Incorporated to modify your system, tell it to proceed.
4. You may delete the downloaded .msi file after verifying that the installation completed successfully.
TO VERIFY INSTALLATION:
1. Start the TLA application.
2. From the Menu bar, navigate to System->System Properties->Software.
3. Confirm that 6.1.137 is displayed for iView Support.
NOTE: If the verification indicates that the install procedure did not properly update the xscope.ini file,
to C:\Program Files\TLA 700\System, manually remove the existing xscope.ini and repeat the INSTALL PROCEDURE above.