OFDM Plug-in Customer Release Notes
Last Revised: Feb 02, 2017
Product: OFDM Plug-in
OFDM is a plug-in that can be installed on a PC which has SourceXpress application or on AWG 70000 series instrument with v5.3 or later. Once installed, this plug-in integrates and operates seamlessly with SourceXpress or AWG 70000 series user and programmer interfaces. This plug-in lets you
• Configure and create complete multiple OFDM Frames with Preamble, Header and Payload.
• Preset for Standard compliant Frames for various wireless standards like Wi-Fi, WiMAX
• Define Frame with Preamble, Header and Payload selectively to simulate different OFDM signals.
• Configure Symbols with Data, Pilot and Guard sub carriers with different base pattern type, amplitude profile and phase offsets.
• Subcarrier Modulation Formats including BPSK, QPSK, QAM (16, 32, 64, 256, 512, 1024), and 8-PSK.
• Add Impairments such as Phase Noise, Multipath to simulate realistic propagation scenarios.
• Define Frequency Hopping and Gated Noise to simulate practical environment for receiver testing.
• Allows user to emulate channels using S-Parameter files and observe impact on the waveform.
Version 2.0 Release Description
OFDM plug-in runs with SourceXpress on PC or on AWG 70000 instrument. The following operating systems are supported:
• Windows 7 (64-bit)
• Windows 8 (64-bit)
• Windows 10 (64-bit)
• Microsoft .NET 4.5 runtime framework
• This plug-in will integrate with v5.3 of the SourceXpress PC application and v5.3 AWG instrument firmware. Go to http://www.tek.com/signal-generator/awg70000-arbitrary-waveform-generator to download the latest AWG70000 firmware. Go to http://www.tek.com/sourcexpress to download the latest SourceXpress software.
• TekVISA v220.127.116.11 is required to communicate with SourceXpress via PI commands; Go to www.tek.com to download the compatible version of TekVISA.
• In order to compile the waveforms from this plug-in, an OFDM license must be purchased and enabled on SourceXpress or AWG 70000 series instrument. To use S-Parameter feature, S-Parameter license must be purchased separately and enabled on SourceXpress or AWG 70000 series instrument. Trial license can be downloaded or ordered from Tektronix website.
From time to time Tektronix releases new versions of the product software or optional application software. Customers can download these from the Tektronix web site at http://www.tek.com/signal-generator/awg70000-arbitrary-waveform-generator under the Software Packages tab and Plug-ins tab.
One method to receive timely information on new software updates, new products from Tektronix and other useful information is through a MyTek account. To join MyTek, please visit www.tek.com/mytek to become a member.
For application-oriented questions about a Tektronix measurement products, please call Product Support. In North America call 1-800-833-9200 option 3, Monday-Friday, 6:00AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time or contact us by email at [email protected]
For service support call 1-800-833-9200 option 2, Monday-Friday, 5:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Time or contact us by email at [email protected]
Outside of North America: please contact your local Tektronix Sales or Distributor office. Refer to our web site at www.tek.com for listings of those offices.
For all other information call 1-800-833-9200, visit our web site at www.tek.com, or write to us at:
P.O. Box 500
Beaverton, OR 97077