Instrument Driver Technology: LabVIEW SignalExpress
Manufacturer: Keithley Instruments, Inc.
Supported Language(s): NI LabVIEW SignalExpess Tektronix Edition
Supported Model(s): 2200-20-5, 2200-30-5, 2200-32-3, 2200-60-2, 2200-72-1, 2220-30-1, 2220J-30-1, 2230-30-1, 2230J-30-1
Model(s) Tested: 2200-72-1, 2230-30-1
Firmware Revision(s) Tested: 1.15, 1.25
NI Supported: No
Source Code Available: Yes
Driver Revision: 1.3.0
Original Release Date:
Current Revision Date: October-2012
Refer to the NI LabVIEW SignalExpess Tektronix Edition webpage for more information about the following topics:
- Pre-Requisites/System Requirements for Tektronix Edition SignalExpress Limited Edition
- Release Notes for Tektronix Edition SignalExpress Limited Edition
- Instructions for Installing Tektronix Edition SignalExpress Limited Edition
- Download Tektronix Edition SignalExpress Limited Edition
Refer to the NI LabVIEW SignalExpess Tektronix Edition webpage for more information about the following topics::
- NI LabVIEW SignalExpess Tektronix Professional Edition:
This Step allows you to control your Instrument.
Note: These instructions assume that the NI LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition
software is already installed.
Note: You must use NI-VISA for this Step to work properly. NI-VISA is
automatically installed when LabVIEW SignalExpress is installed.
1. Run the SE_Step_KE_22xx.exe provided as part of Step Installer.
2. Open the LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition software.
3. Click "Add Step" in the LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition main menu and
select Keithley -> select your instrument series.
4. The Step appears in the Project View of Signal Express and is ready to be used.
5. Connect the instrument to your PC.
Note: You can check the connection to your Instrument using the Measurement &
Automation Explorer or the TekVISA OpenChoice Instrument Manager.
6. Next, select the device in the LabVIEW SignalExpress step by selecting the
"VISA Resource" tab and selecting the device in the "VISA Resource Name" drop down list.
At this point, the interface is ready for use.
Note: If you don't see the instrument in the Resource Name drop down list,
Measurement & Automation Explorer or TekVISA OpenChoice Instrument Manager
can be used to help. If these programs can't find the Instrument, the LabVIEW
SignalExpress software won't be able to interface with the instrument.
Modified by: Keithley Instruments Inc.,