Installation Instructions for the BERTScope USB 3.1 Receiver Test Automation Software
Product: BERTScope USB 3.1 Receiver Testing
Minimum System Requirements
oProcessor Pentium 4/M or equivalent processor.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-Bit)
Windows Vista (32-Bit)
Windows 7 (32-Bit)
Windows 7 (64-Bit)
Memory 512 MB of memory.
Hard Disk Approximately 500 MB of available hard-disk space for the recommended
installation, which includes the Microsoft Access runtime and Access
database used to store test results.
Display Super VGA resolution or higher video adapter (800x600 minimum video
resolution for small fonts or 1024x768 minimum video resolution for
• Microsoft .NET 3.5 or later
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later (or equivalent)
• Microsoft compatible mouse or compatible pointing device.
• TCP/IP connectivity.
Download the BSAUSB31 package and extract the application installers
This package contains installers for the USB 3.1 Receiver Test application,
SigTest Server, and Visa Socket Gateway.
1. Copy the BSAUSB31 self-extracting executable to the desktop of the target
2. Double-click the BSAUSB31 self-extracting executable file to extract the
3. Double-click the USB 3.1 Receiver Testing Installer executable to run the
4. Copy and install the SigTest Server and Visa Socket Gateway installers on the
Tektronix 70000 series real-time oscilloscope.
Install the USB 3.1 Receiver Test Application
1. Double-click the USB 3.1 Receiver Test Installer executable to run the
a. During the installation, you will be asked if Microsoft Access 2007
runtime should be installed. Answer yes if there is no version of
Microsoft Access 2007 running on your computer.
b. If an existing Database is found in the same installation folder
destination, the installer will copy this to a folder called "Previous
Database Folder". If you want to use this database, go to this folder
location and delete the newly-installed "Database Folder." Rename the
"Previous Database Folder" to "Database Folder."
2. The installation will create a link to the executable program in the Start
Install the VISA Socket Gateway and SigTest Server
1. These programs are intended for use with USB 3.1 Receiver Testing
application and only for installation on a Tektronix 70000 series real-time
2. Copy the self-extracting executable to the desktop of the oscilloscope.
3. Double-click the file to run the installer program.
a. The firewall on the oscilloscope must be opened for these programs. Use
the Windows Firewall control panel application to select all traffic
associated with these programs to go through the firewall. Alternately you
can select only the Port number specified on the main view (Default ports
are 4005 for Visa Socket Gateway and 4006 for SigTest Server).
4. The installation will create a link to the executable programs in the Start menu.
If you are unable to download or install this software, please contact the
Tektronix Technical Support Center:
Customers calling within the U.S. call 1-800-833-9200 press 3.
Customers calling from outside the U.S. call 503-627-2400.