Installation Instructions for the BERTScope PCIe 3.0 Receiver Test Automation Software
Product: PCIe 3.0 Receiver Testing
Minimum System Requirements
Processor Pentium 4/M or equivalent processor.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-Bit)
Windows Vista (32-Bit)
Windows 7 (32-Bit)
Windows 7 (64-Bit)
Memory 512 MB of memory.
Hard Disk Approximately 500 MB of available hard-disk space for the
recommended installation, which includes the Microsoft
Access runtime and Access database used to store test results.
Display Super VGA resolution or higher video adapter (800x600
minimum video resolution for small fonts or 1024x768 minimum
video resolution for large fonts).
• Microsoft .NET 3.5 or later
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later.
• Microsoft compatible mouse or compatible pointing device.
• TCP/IP connectivity.
Download the BSAPCI3 package and extract the application installers
This package contains installers for the PCIe 3.0 Receiver Test application, SigTest Server, and Visa Socket Gateway.
1. Copy the BSAPCI3 self-extracting executable to the desktop of the target computer.
2. Double-click the BSAPCI3 self-extracting executable file to extract the installers.
3. Double-click the PCIe 3.0 Receiver Testing Installer executable to run the installer program.
4. Copy the SigTest Server and Visa Socket Gateway installers to the Tektronix 70000 series real-time oscilloscope.
Installation of the PCIe 3.0 Receiver Test Application
1. Double-click the PCIe 3.0 Receiver Test Installer executable to run the installer program.
a. During the installation, you will be asked if Microsoft Access 2007 runtime should be installed.
Answer yes if there is no version of Microsoft Access 2007 running on your computer.
b. If an existing Database is found in the same installation folder destination,
the installer will copy this to a folder called "Previous Database Folder".
If you want to use this database, go to this folder location and delete the
newly-installed "Database Folder." Rename the "Previous Database Folder" to
2. The installation will create a link to the executable program in the Start menu.
Installation of the VISA Socket Gateway and SigTest Server
1. These programs are intended for use with BERTScope Receiver Testing applications
and only for installation on a Tektronix 70000 series real-time oscilloscope.
2. Copy the self-extracting executable to the desktop of the oscilloscope.
3. Double-click the file to run the installer program.
a. The firewall on the oscilloscope must be opened for these
programs. Use the Windows Firewall control panel application to
select all traffic associated with these programs to go through
the firewall. Alternately you can select only the Port number
specified on the main view (Default ports are 4005 for Visa
Socket Gateway and 4006 for SigTest Server).
4. The installation will create a link to the executable programs in the Start menu.
If you are unable to download or install this software,
please contact the Tektronix Technical Support Center:
Customers calling within the U.S. call 1-800-833-9200 press 3.
Customers calling from outside the U.S. call 503-627-2400.