Last Revised: [11/20/2014]
Products: This firmware supports all MDO4000 Series
- Support for DPO4BND module
- Fixed RF manual marker value readout when overlapped
- Fixed color scheme for XY cursor readout
- Fixed gated waveform measurements for RF vs. time waveforms
- Fixed an instrument crash in certain cases with RS232 packet decode
- Fixed readout for application module license transfer when module
license was already transferred to another scope
- Fixed printer list refresh when saving screen or network printing
with Ink Saver On
- Fixed Acquisition self-test failures when scope record length was
previously set larger than 10k
- Fixed E*Scope issue with RF Normal spreadsheet transfer
- RF vs. Time waveform measurements using screen gating may return
"Measrmnt Sys Err" when changing horizontal scale. To workaround
the issue, change horizontal scale again or set measurement
gating to Off (Full Record)
- New user interface look
- FastAcq(TM) high-speed waveform capture rate and color- and
- Act-on-Event added in the Test menu
- Edge trigger now available on rising, falling or either edge
- Search mark table
- Support for e-print
- Display auto dim
- Math autoscale on/off control added to Math menu
- Network mounting of Mac hard drives on OS/X 10.7 and later
- Video picture mode (requires DPO4VID application module)
- Digital channel activity monitor on MSO models
- Fixed CSV channel label issue
- Fixed probe menu usage when probe installed in AUX IN
- Fixed TCP0020 bandwidth issue
- Fixed Curve Query on digital data when 100k record length used
- Improved trigger level setting when RF power trigger used and
- Improved RF SPC
- RBW range extended up to 200MHz
- Spectrum trace reset
- Spectrogram timestamps (rolling and slice)
- RF power level trigger bandwidth readout
- RF vertical position range extension to +-100 divs
- Frequency vs. Time trace defaults to Span/10
- Phase vs. Time controls (reference point and wrap)
- RF vs. Time traces have unique colors
- RF vs. Time readouts indicating baseband bandwidth
- RF vs. Time readouts indicating negative frequency (Start Freq. <
- Saving I&Q data to MATLAB
- Fixed missing channel labels and vertical settings for channels
2 and 4 in saved CSV file.
- Corrected vertical power value displayed in RF Probe Setup menu for
TAP2500 and TDP1000 probes.
- Fixed loss of channel data after channel is switched off then on
again while acquisitions are in stop mode.
- Fixed Socket Server Protocol None response to a query. The defect
was that in raw socket mode, a second query was needed to clear out
the instrument buffer which had new line and carriage return
The defect was resolved by terminating all responses in raw socket
mode with only the new line (LF).
- Supports new TPA-N-PRE preamplifier accessory.
- Support large TIQ files.
- Add firmware update notifiers specifically for Signal
Path Compensation (SPC) when required
- New models supported: MDO4014-3 and MDO4034-3.
- Improved TIQ file format.
- Ethernet: fixed DHCP and IP Address settings such that they
persist thru power cycle
- Improved operation of power-up RF signal path compensation.
- Updated two German translation strings.
- Corrected cursor behavior for recall from
- Improved performance of e*Scope PI queries.
- Added support for SCPI STATus abbreviation.
- Fixed problem with cursor readouts appearing
unexpectedly when cursor bars are moved while
Menu Off is enabled.
- Fixed incorrect display of FFT units that occurred
after power cycling the instrument.
- Fixed missing histogram in saved screen image when
saved using the Save/Recall menu.
- Fixed incorrect recall of saved setup when firmware
update complete with DPO4LMT module installed.
- Fixed time correlation between CH1 and CH2 after
a single sequence acquisition that occurred with a
large delay and > 1 M record length.
- Display of waveform data no longer disappear when
switching Delay between On and Off while in
- Display of channel 1 and channel 3 waveforms no
longer disappear after single sequence acquisition
and record length is >= 10 M.
- Enhanced Menu Off functionality to allow manipulation
of cursors while readouts are turned off.
- Added programmatic interface command to query noise
density and phase noise.
- Setup & Hold search no longer reports false positives.
- Logic search on RF Versus Time traces now works
- The Autoset enable/disable feature now works correctly.
- Fixed rare instances when Single Sequence caused
incorrect time correlation between analog channels and
- Notification message "external reference unlocked"
added to notify
user when the oscilloscope cannot lock to the 10 MHz
REF IN external clock input.
- RF Auto Level feature works at all center
- Fixed incorrect time correlation between
analog/digital/rf under certain conditions when
acquisitions have been stopped with the Run/Stop
- Eliminated "application error" message with
R-To-Center button at certain settings.
- RF traces draw more smoothly while panning.
- Eliminated excess jitter on channels 2 and 4 under
- The amplitude of the RF Amplitude vs Time trace is
now correctly calculated.
- When RF is turned off, analog acquisition rate is
now fully restored.
- Search now works on digital channels when MagniVu
- Marker readouts now restored after toggling RF state
off and on.
- The numeric keypad now works correctly with the
spectrogram slice number.
- Spectrogram color map is now correct after a
- No user-visible changes through version 2.06